Let’s calculate how many there are!! as a FUN MATHEMATICAL EXERCISE.
Okay, first off, let’s establish the relationship types.
Humans: 1 type
Trolls: 4 types
Leprechauns: 9 types
Given that a) the fandom DOES have a tendency to apply troll shipping to humans as well, and b) for the sake of simplicity, I’ll just assume it’s possible to apply ALL of these shipping modes to ALL characters.
(Do note that this doesn’t take into account possible caliginous/ashen/etc. relationships in conjunction with leprechaun charms!)
Aight. So first of all, let’s establish the number of unique shipping types. The human, troll, and leprechaun concept of <3 overlap. This gives effectively 9 + 3 = 12 types of relationships. Of these, 11 are pairwise, while 1 is three-way. (This makes the assumption that all leprechaun shipping types are pairwise but I don’t really see any reason to assume otherwise at this point.)
So let’s do the pairwise ones first. In a previous analysis I said there were 165 characters; while an approximation, let’s stick with that.
There are thus (165*164)/2! = 13530 ways to pick a pair of characters. And there are 11 types of pairwise relationships. This gives me 13530*11 = 148,830 possible pairwise ships.
Once again, for auspistices, we’re looking at (165*164*163)/2! = 2,205,390 possible ships.
So far so good! Now things get complicated:
there are 9 shipping types, all pairwise (presumably), for the leprechauns. Here’s the thing though: every pair can have more than one charm operating at once, from 1 charm to 9.
However, by this point, in our previous calculations, we’ve accounted for all the relationships that use only 1 charm. So we only have to do calculations for relationships with more than 1.
That gives us 8 more calculations to do:
13530*9*8/2! = 487,080
13530*9*8*7/3! = 1,136,520
13530*9*8*7*6/4! = 1,704,780
13530*9*8*7*6*5/5! = 1,704,780
13530*9*8*7*6*5*4/6! = 1,136,520
13530*9*8*7*6*5*4*3/7! = 487,080
13530*9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2/8! = 121,770
13530*9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1/9! = 13,530
Now, let’s add all those numbers up. We’re looking at
148,830 + 2,205,390 + 487,080 + 1,136,520 + 1,704,780 + 1,704,780 + 1,136,520 + 487,080 + 121,770 + 13,530
= 9,146,280 possibilities.
For reference, a series with only 1 type of pairwise relationship (traditional romance) would require 4,278 characters to pass this number.
HAPPY SHIPPING ALL
- aunit01 likes this
- fuckative reblogged this from konec0
- goodbyenumbers reblogged this from konec0
- adstrumexcael likes this
- shotacapa likes this
- shell-by-the-sea reblogged this from konec0
- honoo-koneco likes this
- tielimone likes this
- aradiabotarisen reblogged this from konec0
- aradiabotarisen likes this
- crystals0ng likes this
- ask-aurora-and-friends reblogged this from zengus
- ask-aurora-and-friends likes this
- zengus reblogged this from konec0
- cptnalbertalexander likes this
- legalizememes reblogged this from konec0
- tanakamackdaddydom reblogged this from konec0
- figsnstripes likes this
- grimoiregrrl reblogged this from trollaomman
- trollaomman reblogged this from konec0
- alexlovesanime reblogged this from shiposeidon
- alexlovesanime likes this
- bronabin likes this
- sakiasakura likes this
- otaku-4-life likes this
- janeypeixes likes this
- agentiz likes this
- sea-seal-ia reblogged this from konec0 and added:
- sparkeletran reblogged this from konec0
- sparkeletran likes this
- vidmas25 likes this
- jormunsson likes this
- sarlione reblogged this from s-shutup-its-not-like-i-actually
- prismatic-historia likes this
- weirderthanyouraveragegirl reblogged this from konec0
- weirderthanyouraveragegirl likes this
- kittiidesu reblogged this from meenahvriska
- thatguy4815162342 reblogged this from gasmaskdirkstrider
- thatguy4815162342 likes this
- kittiidesu likes this
- jesusfrickingchrist reblogged this from comatosetimekeeper
- jesusfrickingchrist likes this
- coatlus likes this
- willusee reblogged this from konec0
- usaqimodoki likes this
- gasmaskdirkstrider reblogged this from homestuckisfuckingawesome
- rairii reblogged this from mousathe14
- all-of-the-homestuck reblogged this from camazettz
- all-of-the-homestuck likes this
- canisangelus reblogged this from camazettz